Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, May 23, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associate’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience serving students in an educational setting or serving the Public in a front desk, face-to-face customer service environment;
3. Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in one or more of the following Student Services areas: Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, Advising, Student Counseling & Career Services, One-Stop Service Center, or Student Advocacy & Discipline;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides tier 1 services to students and visitors to the Student Services Center.
1. Provides tier 1 services to students via face-to-face, phone, and electronic means, including email and Zoom sessions and supports admissions, registration, and other curriculum enrollment activities.
2. Provides students and visitors with college information related to curriculum enrollment.
3. Directs students and visitors to other offices according to unit procedures.
4. Maintains an organized and inviting environment in the Service Desk area.
5. Provides superior service to all visitors and College employees.
6. Assists with outbound Call Center projects as needed.
7. Processes transcript orders using third-party transcript ordering software (Parchment).
8. Processes registration changes and overrides.
9. Performs student record data entry and scans archived student records.
10. Assists with the cleaning and scanning of historic student files, as needed.
11. Assists in the Enrollment Lab as needed.
12. Assists with graduation processing and commencement ceremony.
13. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
14. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.