Closes: Friday, June 15, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution with coursework in computer programming, computer science, or information technology field required.
- UNIX/Linux and SQL experience required.
- Microsoft Windows Server experience required.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Requires some travel between campus buildings and off-campus sites; a valid driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- VMware knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague System, including the database reporting functions and the Informer reporting tool to create ad hoc reports, preferred.
Serve as the interface between Colleague users in functional departments and the Systems Administrator (SA) and the Chief Technology Services Officer (CTSO). Assist department managers by identifying departmental or individual user training needs. Assist with daily tasks and maintenance of the Administrative System as assigned. Participate in CIS Core Team and other administrative meetings to identify and address both technical and process-related issues and solutions appropriate to the College. Position reports directly to the CTSO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with CTSO, SA, Director of Network Services, and end users to gather information and requirements for third-party applications with or without the integration of Colleague.
- Respond to end-user questions and needs related to the position and technology services.
- Assist with daily tasks, including the setup and maintenance of Colleague user accounts, creation of security classes and computed columns, security of the daily backup rotation, and departmental Help Desk requests.
- Assist in configuring UNIX and Microsoft servers including hardware and software, operating systems, network access, and third-party application software as directed by the CTSO.
- Assist with maintaining system security and IT governance standards for software customization and updates.
- Assist with Colleague system maintenance, including upgrades and patches, the UNIX operating system, and all third-party applications such as WebAdvisor, Student Self-Service, Informer, E-Procurement, Payment Gateway, and AIG.
- Assist in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Develop and provide training based on need to users of the Colleague system to enhance use of the system.
- Maintain up-to-date system access forms for all users.
- Produce ad hoc reports using a data extraction program (Informer) and provide Informer training to end users.
- Order supplies and special forms.
- Work with end users to solve problems, provide training, and enhance their ability to use the systems.
- Stay current on latest trends and technology related to position and responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, and reaching, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighting up to 50 pounds required.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, and odors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule of forty (40) hours per week to accommodate night or weekend users, systems problems, and registration schedules required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
How to Apply
Apply online only at www.gaston.edu - Employment Opportunities.
In order to be considered, the online application for employment must be completed in its entirety. An attached resume may not be substituted for a fully completed application.
Job Post Contact