Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
3-5 years Technical Theater Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater, or Theater related studies
The Assistant Technical Director (ATD) assists and collaborates with the Technical Director (TD) on all elements of the production department, ensuring an on-time and on-budget production, including facilitating the flow of information between artistic, administrative and production personnel. The ATD is the primary person responsible for the onsite supervision of technical crew, setups, events, and strikes.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:%
1. Production – provides assistance and leadership to college departments and external organizations utilizing the performance facilities; including but not limited to lighting, audio/video, carpentry, and rigging for scheduled events and performances. Oversee entire aspect of technical events and setups to conduct events efficiently.
2. Training – trains and supervises part-time and student technicians to adequately service each event, under the supervision of the Technical Director.
3.Maintenance - performs regular maintenance and recommends service of staging equipment and technical items for both preventative and safety practices.
4. Provides post-event staffing and service/equipment reports for each event to facilitate billing and budgeting records.
5. Safety – understand and identify possible areas of improvement in safety procedures and protocols within the theaters.
6. Contributes to the overall success of the College and Performance Facilities by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live shows including stage carpentry, sound, lighting, and video
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work with a diverse population
☒Other: Theaters and Event Spaces
How to Apply
Job Post Contact