Closes: Monday, September 11, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree.
- One year general office experience.
- One year experience performing a variety of clerical functions and word processing, data entry, data retrieval, report preparation, records maintenance, and filing including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years related experience in the North Carolina Community College System.
- One year experience with NC Community College Account Coding System.
- One year experience working with Colleague.
- One year experience working with accounting, computer services, purchasing, personnel, facilities management and auxiliary services.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Vice President for Administrative Services. The Assistant composes correspondence, memorandums, emails and reports as directed. The Assistant is responsible for maintaining the key database, issuing employee parking permits, coordinating outside facility use, and helping with the preparation of the county and state budgets.
Please note: Interviews for this position will begin after a new Vice President for Administrative Services is hired. Job closing date and position start date is an estimate, and could be sooner or later than given.
- Responsible for composition of correspondence, memorandums, emails, and reports; consult reference sources (including Internet searches) to extract information; and review information from policy manuals.
- Assist in the review, processing and approval of institutional travel.
- Verify accuracy and proper documentation of employee expense reports.
- Assist in reviewing and updating the Personnel Handbook and Policy Manual.
- Assist in the review and processing of requisitions to ensure proper documentation and accurate account coding.
- Assist in the preparation of full-time staff and faculty contracts.
- Assist in preparation of state and county budgets, including preparing budget planning sheets.
- Serve as contact for the use of College facilities by outside groups.
- Issue parking permits for College employees.
- Issue institutional keys; maintain key database.
- Assist as needed in the registration process.
- Serve on various committees and represent the College at local, state, and professional meetings.
- Assist with data and statistical analysis as needed for operational efficiency.
- Keep abreast of changes in RCC’s Policy and Procedure Manual as well as the NCCCS Accounting Procedure Manual.
- Research state and federal laws and regulations and be able to interpret and summarize findings.
- Renew school insurance policies and maintain accurate records regarding claims.
- Works as lead contact for insurance claims and issues.
- Use critical thinking skills to assist the Vice President in problem solving.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205