On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience Minimum: One to three years of experience with a Student Activities Program, an Athletic Program, or related field.
Organizes, plans, and manages Women's basketball program under the supervision and instruction of the Head Women's basketball coach. A strong emphasis on its impact on student retention, persistence, and engagement. The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach is responsible for but not limited to conducting the individual activities of recruiting, fund raising, scouting, summer camps, organizing team travel, practice/game planning of the women's basketball program and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assist with organization and supervision of the women's basketball program.
- Assists the head women's coach in scheduling activities, development of the basketball budget, travel arrangements, and obtaining scholarship assistance for qualified athletes.
- Develops relationships with area high schools, public, and community groups as it pertains to recruiting.
- Actively participates and assists in promotional, marketing, public relations, and fundraising activities for the program in the community, schools, and campus.
- Assist with the coordination of student-athlete recruitment activities.
- Assist with tracking the admissions and eligibility process involving recruited student-athletes.
- Assist with monitoring and supporting the student-athletes academic progress.
- Promotes student persistence and retention through athletics and related events.
- Demonstrates through actions and communicates a respect for diversity and cross-cultural differences.
- Performs pre-season and post-season activities.
- Inventories and maintains all basketball equipment, compiles, and report related statistics.
- Assist with training and evaluates of playing participants.
- Assist with coordination of the overall practice schedule for the basketball program.
- Maintains professional growth through attendance of coaching clinics, seminars, conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
- Designs and implements workshops and seminars on leadership development and team building.
- Maintain a current and working knowledge of rules and regulations of the National Junior College Association (NJCAA).
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the as it relates to the women's basketball program.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation, and participate in camps and clinics.
- Serves as an academic mentor to the students participating in women's basketball.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, administrative, financial management, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of others and to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and willingness to work with students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
I have read and understand this job description.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact