Closes: Friday, January 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- At least three years of experience coaching softball.
- The applicant must possess planning, managing, coordinating, operating, advising, recruiting, and evaluating skills.
- The applicant must possess the ability to adhere to rules and guidelines set forth by the college and governing athletic agencies.
- The applicant must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous experience in an educational setting.
- Five years as a Women’s Softball Coach or as an Assistant Women’s Softball Coach.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in planning, managing, coordinating, operating and evaluating the softball program at the college.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in advising student-athletes and staff of applicable athletic rules, regulations, and college policies, ensuring compliance of said rules and regulations.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in recruiting, advising and signing student-athletes for team participation.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with Planning and directing athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with ensuring appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team practices and through competitions.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with informing student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the position is expected to adhere to the responsibilities of competitive success, the academic success of students, fiscal responsibility and rules compliance within the parameters set forth by the National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA).
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact