Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- At least three years of experience coaching softball.
- The applicant must possess planning, managing, coordinating, operating, advising, recruiting, and evaluating skills.
- The applicant must possess the ability to adhere to rules and guidelines set forth by the college and governing athletic agencies.
- The applicant must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous experience in an educational setting.
- Five years as a Women’s Softball Coach or as an Assistant Women’s Softball Coach.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in planning, managing, coordinating, operating and evaluating the softball program at the college.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in advising student-athletes and staff of applicable athletic rules, regulations, and college policies, ensuring compliance of said rules and regulations.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach in recruiting, advising and signing student-athletes for team participation.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with Planning and directing athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with ensuring appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team practices and through competitions.
- Assists the Head Women’s Softball Coach with informing student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the position is expected to adhere to the responsibilities of competitive success, the academic success of students, fiscal responsibility and rules compliance within the parameters set forth by the National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA).
How to Apply
The successful candidate must begin work by August 10, 2021. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit all documents as requested on the SCC website. Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 788-6310 or (910) 788-6206. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Post Contact