Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, June 24, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent retail experience;
3. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent customer service experience;
4. Must have cash handling work experience;
5. Must have experience working in a fast-paced environment;
6. Must have experience working with a demographically diverse population.
1. Experience working in a bookstore;
2. Experience managing cash controls;
3. Experience using BookLog;
4. Experience using social media;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position oversees graduation regalia, serves as lead cashier, and assists with convenience items, art supplies, and inventory functions of the bookstore.
1. Completes deposits, change orders, cashier tills, and balancing credit cards payments daily.
2. Orders graduation supplies, including caps and gown, faculty regalia, and diploma covers.
3. Assists with Booklog inventory control.
4. Assists with managing online orders and website.
5. Assists with managing convenience store items.
6. Assists with managing art supplies.
7. Completes a spreadsheet with all the bookstore departmental charges allocated properly and resolves any issues with incomplete or incorrect information at the end of each month.
8. Prepares and submits purchase requisitions through e-Procurement, and assists with payment processing as needed.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.