Haywood Community College, 185 Freelander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in related industry program and 3+ years of relevant industry experience, or 5 years of relevant industry experience; Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); office management skills; skills in communication and problem solving; strong organizational skills and ability to multitask; Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends to complete required class visitations and evaluations.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field of program, 5 years of relevant industry experience, and previous NC Community College Leadership experience
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Dean of Continuing Education is primarily responsible for the leadership and management of functions associated with the Continuing Education programming and operations of the college. Responsibility includes administration of state, local and agency policies concerning continuing education programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Direct and supervise personnel within the department. Ensuring that policies and other regulations are followed in the delivery of programs and services. Programs in the department include: Human Resource Development, Community Services, Occupational Extension, Customized Training, Computer Training, Public Safety, Fire, Emergency Services Training, Allied Health, Sustainability Programs and other credit and non-credit programs. Evaluate the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Associate Dean.
Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the staff of the department in order to ensure that the staff members provide the necessary services and programs for the community in a cooperative, courteous, and professional manner. Assist with the implementation and administration of College policies and procedures and other criteria set by the State of NC, the Federal Government, and other entities.
Responsible for multiple budgets and strategic planning within the department. Responsible for training appropriate personnel on managing programmatic budgets and oversight. Ensure educational, enrollment, institutional class record, and financial reports and records are completed and submitted appropriately and in a timely and accurate manner.
Plan, develop, supervise, and evaluate all programs within the administrative scope of the Associate Dean Continuing Education. Direct development of schedule of courses for department to include course offerings, staffing, and facilities scheduling. Ensure compliance with policies of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable state and federal agencies. Responsible for class visits in the department.
Represent the College at appropriate meetings, activities, conferences and other outreach efforts. Participate in regional, statewide and local initiatives. Identify external partnerships and link those partnerships to HCC programs and services.
Additional duties as required by the supervising dean. May operate college-owned vehicles.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application and full job description found online at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status