Closes: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree, and
- At least five years experience working in a healthcare related industry.
- Supervisory and/or educational administrative experience.
- At least two years teaching in a community college setting.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Above average computer literacy skills.
- Master’s Degree in a healthcare related discipline.
- Program accreditation experience.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Associate Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services is charged with facilitating administrative responsibilities including initial and ongoing individual program accreditations, ensuring educational quality, and supervising continuous improvement initiatives, including new program research, development, and implementation.
The Associate Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services will collaborate with faculty and the Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services to regularly evaluate current programs and plan for new programs; collaborate with directors of clinical education and oversee relationships with clinical partners; promote excellent student outcomes through assessment of student learning; provide strategic leadership of curriculum design and delivery that features interdisciplinary and interprofessional education, technology and innovation, and service learning; and assist the Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services in strategic planning, resource allocation, implementation of initiatives.
Will be required to travel to any college location within the college’s three-county service area. Some in-state or out-of-state travel related to discipline specific training is required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression in the Health Sciences and Human Services division, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Employ a leadership style which fosters an environment within the Health Sciences and Human Services division that is positive, collaborative, supportive, and nurturing to all faculty, staff, and external partners.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize effectively, make both short-term and long-term planning goals for the program, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Assist in maintaining the quality of instructional programs, including instructional delivery, advising, and ensuring programs remain current with industry, accreditation, professional, collegiate, and NCCCS standards.
- Maintain a reduced instructional load in a health sciences or human services field.
- Research and implement new and/or different programs of instruction based on service area needs and make recommendations to the Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services.
- Oversee regional, national, institutional, and program-level accreditation activities including providing program support for accreditation processes and site visits.
- Coordinate with business, industry, and secondary partners, as well as senior and sister institutions in support of education and training programs, and effective articulated efforts and partnerships.
- Ensure effective and appropriate supervision and coordination of budgets and resources for initiation of new programs.
- Coordinate with department chairs and program directors in organizing and implementing effective program advisory committees.
- Collaborate with Student Outreach and Recruitment to develop and implement Open House/Outreach events for Health Sciences programs.
- Participate in development and delivery of Health Sciences program-specific New Student Orientations.
- Serve as the division representative at career fairs, health science camps, etc.
- Foster positive community relationships.
- Maintain office records in accordance with college and NCCCS policies.
- Process reports, forms, schedules, contracts, and other administrative records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in annual program planning and review.
- Assist in training and professional development activities for faculty and staff.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Maintain current industry credentials, including earning annual CEUs.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Notify the Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services when planning to be off campus during normal working hours.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as assigned by the Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services.