Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Friday, December 2, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Bachelor’s Degree;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent financial aid work experience;
3. Supervisory experience;
4. Experience using Colleague Information System;
5. Experience using Excel.
1. Five years of full-time or equivalent financial aid work experience.
2. Experience in a community college Financial Aid Office.
3. One year of full-time or equivalent supervisory experience.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This is a face-to-face position.
This position manages the daily operation of financial aid systems and staff, including setting up financial aid eligibility criteria, providing FAFSA application assistance, processing, and outreach, and communicating financial aid awards to students. Provides financial literacy education and default management assistance to all students. Works collaboratively with the College’s business office and other constituents to ensure financial aid awards are processed and transmitted to students accordingly. Manages the College’s Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. Provides support to the Director.
1. Provides operations management and leadership for student facing services such as FAFSA outreach, application assistance, and communication while supervising the Financial Aid specialists.
2. Prepares, transmits, and ensures the accuracy of all financial aid transmittals to students (including bills).
3. Manages Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
4. Assists the Director with direct lending and Pell Grant funds, including reconciliation.
5. Assists with the management of federal work-student program (FWS) and federal supplemental educational opportunity grant (FSEOG)based Federal Funds.
6. Builds and maintains Colleague module for financial aid annually. Supervises and applies return of funds to title IV (R2T4).7. Supervises and trains Financial Aid staff and assists Director with college-wide professional development and awareness of federal student aid rule and regulations.
8. Reviews academic programs with the Director and evaluates them for aid eligibility.
9. Reviews the Financial Aid Policy and Procedure Manual annually to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal policy.
10. Assists with providing student financial aid literacy opportunities and works collaboratively with college constituents and third part provider to manage student loan default rates. Assists Director with all Federal, State and Institutional Reporting requirements.
11. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
12. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.