Closes: Monday, August 13, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Event management experience. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously balance various relationships including guests, volunteers, and vendors. Ability to engage and partner with internal staff and faculty as needed.
- Experience with professional formal written correspondence. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be skilled in Microsoft Word and be able to execute mail merges. Attention to detail and producing work that is free from error is a must.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising CRM software; Adobe Suite experience.
- Direct experience working in the nonprofit sector.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for Associate Director of Foundation Outreach.
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Associate Director of Outreach has overall responsibility for all donor acknowledgments and correspondence, Foundation outreach activities, events management, and the annual SCC Foundation Golf Tournament. This person will assist the Director of Development in staffing the Foundation Board’s Donor Relations Committee and other work supporting the Foundation Board.
The Associate Director of Outreach will have oversight of all aspects of events management including: coordinate best possible schedule of events for year by working with the President, VP of Inst. Advancement, Director of Development, and Culinary and other departments; creating invitations; keeping rsvps; event logistics; set-up; rentals; food & beverage coordination with Culinary Department/caterers, etc.; events include Donor Recognition events, Return to the Classroom, Board and Culinary Program Lunches, Building Dedications, Community Homecoming, Culinary Fundraiser, other special events as needed. The Associate Director of Outreach will act as the Director of the SCC Foundation Annual Golf Tournament. This position will manage the Foundation Office Budget, business relations, and vendor interactions. This position will manage E-Publications, social media management and email marketing including regular newsletter and online giving platforms.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.