Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
2. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent work experience in either technical operations, industrial/manufacturing operations, engineering, technical design, technical industrial training, or equipment setup/maintenance in an industrial business setting, or industrial training experience in a higher education environment;
3. Must have work experience in design, project management, training or operations experience in computer-controlled machine operation and systems integration;
4. Must have experience in Lean Six Sigma principles;
5. Must have experience or certifications that demonstrate proficiency in all relevant safety categories and OSHA regulations;
6. Special licenses must be attained as need and opportunities are presented. For example First Aid/CPR, leadership certifications such as Achieve Global or DDI, Expert OJT, Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt, etc.
1. Work experience or training in CNC and manual machining operations;
2. Work experience in programming, setup, and maintenance of PLCs;
3. Experience with equipment automation and systems integration;
4. Welding experience;
5. Any combination of certifications:
o Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
o Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
o Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
o Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
o OSHA certifications, such as OSHA 10 and OSHA 30
o First Aid, CPR, & AED Instructor Certification
o Electrical Journeyman card or license
o Hazwoper 40 Hour certification
o Siemens Automation Educator;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Works closely with industrial clients and A-B Tech personnel to develop technical curricula and provide pre and post-hire technical training. Responsible for training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance. Responsible for training scheduling, supervising, and coordinating with adjunct and contract instructors, facility administration at A-B Tech’s new workforce training center at Biltmore Park West.
1. Serves as technical subject matter expert and leads curriculum development efforts that are applicable to major industrial
client needs, and continuously evaluates and adapts curriculum as needed.
2. Participates in developing and implementing course objectives and lesson plans.
3. Conducts structured pre-hire assessment and training, and post-hire specific technical training related to machining, coating,
finishing, safety, continuous improvement, quality, leadership, business support, and other subjects relative to plant operations.
4. Maintains good working relationships with industry client leaders.
5. Works with the industry client Training Coordinator to develop, execute, and track structured on-the-job training.
6. Performs training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance.
7. Works with virtual reality training vendors and industry clients to assist development of equipment and process-specific virtual reality simulations.
8. Sets training scheduling according to client needs and schedules.
9. Coordinates adjunct and contract training.
10. Tracks student success and ensures accurate training class documentation.
11. Serves as onsite administrator for the A-B Tech workforce training center.
12. Collaborates with industry clients, regional school systems and higher education institutions, and community partners to recruit and train qualified workforce candidates.
13. Works with A-B Tech, industry clients, and other workforce professionals to develop and administer apprenticeship programming.
14. Works with the Director of Economic & Workforce Development in administrative components associated with industry client’s
Customized Training Program projects.
15. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
16. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.