Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Thursday, December 5, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience with records management (academic, medical, government or other official documents);
3. Experience in a College or University academic support and/or student services role;
4. One year of supervisory experience.
1. Three years of supervisory experience;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience in a College or University Registrar’s Office;
3. Experience with Ellucian Colleague Student (ST) system;
4. Experience in the North Carolina Community College System;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Administration of the Office of Records and Registration including supervising staff and managing day-to-day operations to include maintaining accurate academic records, providing transcripts, evaluating coursework transferred to the College, certifying student enrollment, and verifying credentials awarded.
1. Performs degree audits to ensure all students are on track for program completion.
2. Prepares documents for commencement, including list of graduates, line-up cards, and bulletin.
3. Maintains and communicates registration and graduation dates for the College’s calendar
4. Oversees and assists with managing the registration process; maintaining accurate academic records, providing transcripts, evaluating coursework transferred to the College, certifying student enrollment, verifying credentials awarded, creating reports, and ensuring appropriate imaging of historical documents, retention and disposition of academic records.
5. Develops and implements an ongoing operational process improvement plan for Records & Registration staff.
6. Ensures student information sharing meets FERPA compliance guidelines.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and supports the R.I.S.E culture.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.