Closes: Friday, March 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or similar 2-year degree.
- Must have three years of related experience in college records and registration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or similar 4-year degree.
- NCCCS college curriculum (CU) reporting experience.
Manage the curriculum (CU) records and reporting process. Coordinate a variety of support services involving the collection and organization of report documentation pertaining to registration, grading attendance, accountability plan and maintenance of student information. Provide an advanced level of office support functions which include using various software programs, providing information to the general public and various other related duties. This position reports to the Dean of Enrollment Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the college Curriculum (CU) records and reporting process.
- Assist the Dean of Enrollment Management in the setup and reporting functions within the student information system as it pertains to student records and registration.
- Collaborate with the Division of Instruction, Student Services and the Business Office in matters related to students’ attendance, withdrawals, registration and status changes.
- Prepare NCCCS Administrative Office Reports as scheduled in the Annual Reports Due section of the system office website. Coordinate with all areas of the college to ensure the accuracy of the reports. Develop and maintain procedures and information reported for calculating FTE’s earned (ICR, FTE, Overlap, CRPFA, etc.).
- Assist with all areas of pre-registration, orientation, and registration as requested by the supervisor for curriculum courses. Work with supervisor to identify suitable solutions for corrections in student registration; for example, billing errors, changing from online to seated sections, etc.
- Manage the course waiting lists within the Ellucian/Colleague system.
- Coordinate the timely release of multi-media information to students, staff, and faculty.
- Prepare materials for review with the NCCCS Compliance Services during FTE audits.
- Ensure that students are registered for appropriate coursework based on pre-requisite/co-requisite reports through each academic semester.
- Coordinate the dissemination of information to the appropriate staff (the instructional staff, the financial aid staff, and the business office staff) when registration changes have been processed.
- Coordinate efforts with regard to the verification of repeat courses; approve overrides for pre-requisites and class petitions, grade changes and class conflicts.
- Coordinate assistance for faculty with regard to the online web attendance process each semester when classes begin. Receive and process curriculum class rosters following the census date and following the end of the term.
- Coordinate the deregistration process for non-paying students. Maintain a record of the students who were deleted. Also, re-instate registrations when requested by the Program Head of the Advising areas.
- Consult with the supervisor concerning any needs which are necessary to successfully accomplish the job as well as barriers which hinder the ability to do the job.
- Attends meetings, conferences, training sessions, classes, and seminars that are pertinent to the job tasks and those that are related to the functions of this position.
- Supervises curriculum (CU) records and registration staff.
- Manage the curriculum registration setup within the Ellucian/Colleague system.
- Key registrations for all prison curriculum classes.
- Process all withdrawals and never attends to update student records.
- Verify all grades are entered at the end of each semester.
- Review and process grade change requests.
- Serve as backup for printing transcripts and test scores received by mail, fax or via WebAdvisor according to the guidelines required by FERPA regulations.
- Update the college calendar on SCC’s website.
- Build and maintain term dates within RYAT
- Build and maintain campus calendar dates within Ellucian/Colleague.
- Assist CCP faculty with creating/managing informer reports.
- Process student verifications received by mail, fax, in person, or via Web Advisor regarding enrollment, background checks, lending institutions, housing verification, government agency requests, and other correspondence related to student academic records. Manage the curriculum registration setup within the Ellucian/Colleague system.
- Assist in the testing of system patches as related to the Enrollment Management Office.
- Evaluates employees on an annual basis and provides a mid-year review. Submits to HR all appropriate performance review documentation for each direct report.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Position Specific ERP User Training (Colleague, Informer, ImageNow, etc.)
- Position Specific Applications (CFNC, RDS, Communications Management, etc.)
- NC LOR Research
- SCC Employee Onboarding
- New Student's Start Here, 1-2-3.
- School Dude (Maintenance Work Order System)
- NC E-Procurement (Purchasing)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001