Closes: Friday, September 18, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree required in related area.
- Minimum three years leadership experience in administrative and/or financial management at a college, university, or comparable business/industry setting.
- Ability to handle a work environment that can be stressful in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Master’s degree, MBA, or CPA preferred.
- Experience in the community college setting.
- Five or more years of leadership experience in administrative and/or financial management at a college, university, or comparable business/industry setting.
- Experience using Colleague (Datatel) software
Provide collaborative leadership for the administrative and fiscal services areas. Coordinate a variety of duties necessary to facilitate the day to day operations and the administrative direction for the administrative and financial operations to include assisting in planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of these areas, and their policies and procedures. Under the direction of the Vice President for Administrative and Financial Services/CFO oversee the daily operations of the auxiliary, facility, and financial areas.
- Generally works in an office environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours and some overnight travel required.
- The work environment can be stressful in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate effectively.
- Personnel management.
- Work collaboratively with all college areas.
- Coordinate with the VP/CFO the management of all financial operations of the college and provide appropriate controls and audits.
- Monitor the college budgets and review irregularities with the VP/CFO
- Coordinate the management of purchasing and the fixed property control system.
- Assist in facility oversight of the college, including facility project management.
- Coordinate the facility utilization and IPEDS reports for the area.
- Manage functions related to auxiliary services, including budgeting, inventory management, contract administration, operations, and supervision of staff or outside contracts of those services.
- Coordinate and manage the insurance program for the physical plant, College-owned vehicles, and other insurance programs.
- Assist the CFO in monitoring the College’s investments.
- Perform the daily financial management of the SCC Foundation.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of the monthly and annual SCC Foundation financial statements and IRS Form 990.
- Calculate and record investment income/loss of the SCC Foundation monthly.
- Serve as the liaison for the SCC Foundation audit.
- Assist in the financial administration of the college’s grants in conjunction with the SCC Foundation, grant writer, and the grant project manager.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with college policies.
- Coordinate the utility systems for the college.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of long-range facilities master planning.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate personnel. Coordinate staff training and professional development; counsel with employees to correct deficiencies in performance, implement disciplinary and termination procedures if necessary.
- Supervise assigned personnel in administrative and fiscal services.
- Assist Vice Presidents, Associate Vice Presidents, Deans, and Department Heads with questions concerning their budgets and expenditures.
- Assist with annual College Financial Statements, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and the Single Audit Reporting Package (SARP) under guidelines from NC Community College System, Office of State Controller, and Office of State Auditor.
- Approve FARs for Customized Training and maintain each of their accounts and balances with the GL.
- Transmit the monthly CTP reports to the System Office by the 2nd Business Day of every month.
- Construction project accounting in coordination with the facilities coordinator and CFO by maintaining Construction in Progress for accurate financial reporting.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- BOA – Works
- Image Now
- New Employee Onboarding
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001