Closes: Friday, March 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in related areas
- Five years’ work experience in related area in a community college system, preferably one accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Direct experience with the SACSCOC reaccreditation process
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills (oral and written) and possess the ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be able to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Principles and practices of planning, research and analysis
- Program and institutional accreditation processes and criteria
- Sources, uses and types of planning data applicable to institutions of higher education
- Priorities, goals, and objectives of the College
- Educational objective setting and program evaluation
- Principles, practices, and techniques of strategic and operational planning
- Read, interpret and apply complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Organize, direct and implement a comprehensive research and planning process
- Ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed action, and recommend actions in support of goals
- Gain consensus through discussion and persuasion
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all areas of the College
- Monitor and administer a budget
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Prioritize a variety of work assignments and meet deadlines
See Required Qualificaitons.
The Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Vice President of Academic Services. This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and administration of the College’s strategic planning process, ensuring the effectiveness of the College’s vision, mission, and goals. As a member of the President’s administrative council he/she participates in the planning and implementation of major College initiatives. The Associate Vice President must utilize a variety of research and statistical tools to manage the collection and effective dissemination of information throughout the College in support of its mission. This position will produce several publications for internal and external use, including the Strategic Plan, Program Review documentation, Service Review documentation, and the Institutional Facts publication. This position is responsible for coordinating and conducting research to guide institutional decisionmakers. This position is tasked with fulfilling reporting requirements to governmental agencies and accrediting bodies, including the Southern Association of Colleges Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications and post-secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.