Richmond and Scotland County Service Areas
Closes: Friday, August 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
BS in a relevant discipline required. Experience in marketing, communications, and digital media required. Demonstrated ability to write and speak effectively to a wide range of audiences. Proven supervisory success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, capable of building and leading effective teams. Demonstrated effective use of traditional and digital promotional tools to optimize sales/enrollment. Strategic marketing and branding manager capable of adaptive implementation and assessment of college initiatives. Ability to plan and oversee complex events. Budget development, tracking, and management. Flexible work schedule required, including occasional weekends and nights.
Master's preferred. Experience with auditoriums/banquet facilities and their operations preferred. Experience in higher education, preferred.
General Description: Reporting directly to the President, the Associate VP of Marketing and Outreach is responsible for creatively leading and implementing the marketing and outreach efforts of the College in order to support the strategic plan; strengthen the College's image, brand, and enrollment; and actively inform stakeholders and the community of the College's programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Supervises Director of Marketing and Director of Cole Auditorium
- Manage crisis communications and press relations
- Responsible for effective promotion of college programs, services, and events
- Coordinate college promotion and communications within the college and with stakeholders and partners
- Share the achievements of students, employees and partners to enhance the college’s brand at the local and state level.
- Oversee the management of the college website, virtual presence, and social media
- Responsible for planning and coordination of major college events
- Lead the development of annual performing arts events
- Serve actively on the President’s Leadership Team
- Other related duties as assigned by the President to meet the evolving needs of the College
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. A letter of intent, no more than three pages, is required for this position. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Available: Immediately. Application review begins: August 20, 2018. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. A letter of intent, no longer than three pages, must be submitted with application and transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Range - $58,026-$87,039, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Richmond and Scotland service area.
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer