Closes: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in Adult Education, Business Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing, Community College Higher Education/Administration, or another field that would enhance an individual’s success in the job.
- Five years of experience in community college education, to include administering a comprehensive continuing education division
- Experience with employee supervision including performance evaluation
- Experience in building collaborative community/workforce education partnerships
- Project management experience including budget development and financial oversight
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of noncredit programming
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in Adult Education, Business Administration, Community College Higher Education/Administration, Manufacturing, Engineering, Training and Development or another field that would enhance the individual’s success in the job.
- Greater than 5 years of experience in community college education, to include administering a comprehensive continuing education division
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Workforce and Continuing Education reports to the Vice President of Workforce and Continuing Education (WCE). They provide administrative leadership and support in collaboration with the Vice President of WCE to the functional areas of the division, which includes Customized Training/Business & Industry; Occupation Extension Programs, Occupational Extension Professional/Career Training Programs; Personal and Professional Enrichment and Adult Basic Education Programs. The position has responsibility for working with colleagues throughout the college and community, marketing, data management/institutional research, and curriculum area administrators to assist in the design, development, and success of existing and new programs under WCE. The AVP works closely with the area Director(s)/Dean(s) to determine needs throughout the division. In the absence of the Vice President of WCE, the AVP functions as the Chief Workforce Education Officer.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact