Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Monday, December 9, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. High school diploma or equivalent;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience providing customer service support, or support within a team;
3. Valid driver license.
1. Two years of full-time or equivalent moving experience;
2. Experience in furniture and/or appliance delivery;
3. Experience in event setup;
4. Associate’s degree;
5. Experience with basic audio-visual;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
To assist with daily event duties including event and administrative support for the Conference Center and other event facilities.
1. Provides main support for audio-visual needs for the Conference Center and outside renters.
2. Provides event support on evenings and weekends as needed for events.
3. Assists with event preparation.
4. Moves and sets up furniture, equipment and materials in the Conference Center and other event facilities.
5. Coordinates deliveries and pickups of items.
6. Performs light custodial services with event facilities, as needed.
7. Serves as 25Live Administrator for scheduling.
8. Assists with daily office work to include contracts, answering emails, answering the phone, and temporary signage for events.
9. Serves as a backup when the Associate Director, Events & Facilities Support is out of the office or in meetings.
10. Assists with the publication of a comprehensive brochure for the Conference Center and updating the Event page on the A-B Tech Website to be more user-friendly.
11. Assists with developing procedures and standard configurations for event setups in the Conference Center and event facilities.
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.