- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, January 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate degree in Automotive Systems or related field.
2. ASE certified, or Automotive manufacturer specific certifications.
3. Industry or military experience related to automotive systems, diesel repair or heavy equipment repair.
1. Industry experience in automotive, diesel or transportation technology field with a minimum of five years of technician / technical work-related experience within the last ten years.
2. Additional ASE certifications in L1, L2, L3 or any T Series.
The purpose is providing quality instruction for all students enrolled in their assigned classes. The ultimate goal is meeting the occupational and general educational needs of the students.
1. Areas of instruction will prepare students to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service, and maintain all types of automobiles. Includes instruction in brake systems, electrical systems, engine performance, engine repair, suspension and steering, automatic and manual transmissions and drive trains, and heating and air condition systems, and related topics according to ASE Educational guidelines.
2. Orientate and maintain a Skills USA chapter as Automotive Systems Technology program advisor.
3. Maintain a professional attitude toward teaching and professional relationships.
4. Maintain the ASE Educational Automotive Systems certified program for post-secondary level education.
5. Establish and conduct working lab conditions that mirror a fully functioning automotive repair facility. Classes and Labs must operate according to ASE Educational standards and comply with appropriate OSHA and EPA regulations.
6. Establish and follow all course syllabi guidelines for the curriculum for the grading process, class content, on-line class instruction, class hours, attendance and ASE Educational tasks taught.
7. Responsible for lab cleanliness during and after session and ensures that all cars are in working order after each lab session
8. Curriculum review of program courses. Revision / update course content as necessary.
9. Maintain annual program assessment; revise annually as results indicate.
10. Maintain annual budget for program.
11. Schedule courses with approval of the area Dean for ensuring students can progress through the program in an orderly and timely sequence.
12. Advise and register students while demonstrating genuine interest for the general welfare of all students.
13. Prepare adequately for all classes assigned, and conduct all classes in a professional manner.
14. Class room management with regard to providing an orderly, clean, safe working environment, while ensuring that all related equipment is maintained within budget constraints.
15. Develop and carry out student testing program in all classes taught that meets College policy and standards.
16. Develop, maintain and record student learning outcomes for courses and associated program(s)
17. Maintain accurate records and reports and submit these in a timely manner to the appropriate person.
18. Partner with automotive repair facilities for better understanding of their applicable needs, then transferring those needs into the program curriculum.
19. Maintain the technical competencies necessary to the job function.
20. Maintain mastery ASE and currency in the Automotive Repair field.
How to Apply
The successful candidate must begin work on or before February 1, 2022. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Office at Southeastern Community College, 4564 Chadbourn Hwy., Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 788-6310 or (910) 788-6206. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Post Contact