- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Automotive Technology
- ASE Master Certification (all eight areas) plus L1 required within one year of employment
- 5 years minimum, recent shop experience or teaching experience, with job exposure in:
- Electrical Diagnosis; Engine Performance; Brakes; Steering & Suspension; Heating & A/C
- Must have the physical ability to perform work and give demonstrations on all areas the automobile. This includes working in the engine compartment, underneath the vehicle, and under the dash board. Must be able to lift 50lbs and be able to stand (in a shop environment) for extended periods of time (4+ hours)
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and possess adequate keyboarding skills.
- Collision Repair experience and ASE certifications
- Prior teaching experience in an automotive setting
- Diesel training experience
- ASE certifications
Sandhills is currently accepting applications for an Automotive Technology Instructor for the fall 2019 semester. This position is a 9 month position and reports to the Department Chair of the Transportation department. This position should be able to teach basic concepts in automotive and collision disciplines. Instructional duties will include using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
As a team player, this position will assist in the maintenance and up-keep of the shop facilities and equipment. You will be responsible for the maintenance of equipment used in the classes in which you teach.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.