Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certificate or Diploma in Automotive, Diesel Mechanics, Small Engine Mechanics, or other related field. Extensive work experience in the field and/or teaching experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment; ability to lift and carry 100 pounds.
Extensive work experience in the field and/or teaching experience is preferred.
The lead instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following essential job duties and responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning:
- Teach courses assigned by the chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Design and implement instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved student learning outcomes.
- Maintain all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Implement required student learning outcomes assessment
- Assist students in receiving needed instructional assistance or reporting problems utilizing college procedures
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, learning outcomes, and course syllabi
- Annually review programs of study for accuracy with current curriculum standards and combined course library
- Recommend supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Assist in the scheduling of classes.
- Utilize student learning outcomes assessment results to improve courses/program
- Provide assistance to advisees including monitoring academic progress and performance.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the chairperson and the division dean and participate in those activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to satisfactory criminal background check.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557