Harris Conference Center
Closes: Monday, April 29, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED; six (6) months to one (1) year of related experience
Banquet Houseman Lead position will be located in the Harris Conference Center.
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for ensuring all meeting rooms are setup, broken down and refreshed. Maintains the inventory and cleanliness of the equipment, meeting spaces, public areas and back of house. Supports a team atmosphere while displaying strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with staff, clients, guests and vendors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Cleans and sets up meeting rooms per specifications on the Banquet Event Orders or as given by supervisor. Evaluates and oversees work performed by part time Banquet Housemen.
2. Responsible for the proper care, movement and storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs and staging.
3. Adapts to daily changes in workflow caused by accommodating guest/staff last minute requests for additions and changes. An appropriate sense of urgency will be expected in response to time sensitive requests.
4. Housekeeping duties to include, but not limit to trash removal, restroom refresh, cleaning dishware, laundering linen, vacuuming carpets and mopping floors.
5. Delivers client packages/boxes of materials to/from scheduled function areas.
6. Works with Office Coordinator to maintain inventory and reorder supplies used for setup, such as pads, pens, candy and linen.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Ability to work effectively in varying situations while maintaining composure and guest satisfaction. Must be professional in appearance and mannerisms with a strong can do attitude
· Must be self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, be knowledgeable with regards to operating hours and events, and attend required department meetings
· Understands applicable emergency procedure and evacuation protocol
How to Apply
Job Post Contact