Off-Campus site - Com Tech
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma, NC Barber License and NC Barber Instructor License are required. Communication, both oral and written, and computer skills are necessary. Applicants not meeting this minimum requirement will not be considered.
Certificate, Associate Degree or higher in Barbering training from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in a commercial barber shop or salon.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Supervise instructional functions and student activities at RCC, Comtech Campus, and other assigned locations.
- Teach approved curriculum and all coursework as outlined by the NC Board of Barbers
- Ensure instructional resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Teach the curriculum with a focus on preparing students to pass the NC Barber examination and enter the workforce.
- Provide instruction through non-traditional methods that employ a variety of techniques and simulations.
- Assist students with developing skills in basic academics, study habits, problem-solving, decision-making, life management and critical thinking.
- Refer students to RCC's Small Business Center in order to enhance and develop their skills in time management, customer service, record keeping and advertising.
- Responsible for the renewal of the instructor's certificate on an annual basis.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the Barbering School.
- Develop student learning outcomes to enhance student learning.
- Participate in program-level assessment and planning.
- Provide quality instruction for the day, evening, and weekend face-to-face and online classes.
- Incorporate the latest instructional technologies & interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Maintain class records.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient laboratory environment.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Assisting with the implementation and enforcement of all official policies and procedures of Robeson Community College.
- Attending extracurricular functions that assist in program recruitment.
- Striving to exhibit a personal and professional deportment that reflects positively upon the individual and the public perception of the community college.
- Maintaining intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, the President's Senior Staff, Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the college
- Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Participating in Robeson Community College, North Carolina Community College System and other authorized professional development programs upon request.
- Pursuing professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of instruction delivered in the classroom and/or laboratory.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
CONTACT: Sally Carr, Director of Human Resources
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28358