RCC Com Tech Campus, Pembroke, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A high school diploma/GED from a regionally accredited institution. NC current registered barber with current NC Barber Instructor License, minimum of three years teaching experience in a barber academy /community college and a minimum of five years working in a barber shop.
Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable of all the rules and regulations mandated by the NC Board of Barbers. Qualified candidates must possess excellent computer skills and have the knowledge to submit all required paperwork to the NC Board of Barbers.
An associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, NC current registered barber with current NC Barber Instructor License, minimum of seven years teaching experience in a barber academy/community college and a minimum of ten years working in a barber shop.
- Teach approved curriculum and all course work as outlined by the NC Board of Barbers.
- Supervise instructional functions and student activities at RCC, ComTech Campus and other assigned locations.
- Assure the program meets standards established by the College and the NC Board of Barbers.
- Prepare and process course offerings and the class schedules that meet the program requirements and the needs of the students.
- Ensure instructional resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Teach the curriculum with a focus on preparing students to pass the NC Barber examination and enter the workforce.
- Provide instruction through non-traditional methods that employ a variety of techniques and simulations.
- Assist students with developing skills in basic academics, study habits, problem solving, decision- making, life management and critical thinking.
- Refer students to RCC’s Small Business Center in order to enhance and develop their skills in time management, customer service, record keeping and advertising.
- Responsible for the renewal of instructor’s certificate on an annual basis.
- Responsible for assisting with overall operation of the Barbering School.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting accurate audible records to the NC Board of Barbers
- The barber school manager will be expected to devote the time required to the barbering school by being present on the premises for instruction to the students.
- Develop student learning outcomes to enhance student learning.
- Incorporate the College’s general education outcomes into courses.
- Participate in program level assessment and planning.
- Serve on college committees as requested.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420, Lumberton, NC 28359