Closes: Thursday, January 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Associate Degree and/or equivalent administrative assistant experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software and Google Drive
- Minimum two years of administrative assistant experience in a community college setting.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This position provides support to the faculty, staff, and students of the programs in the Barbering and Cosmetic Arts department. The position is located at the Dunn Center but may be required to perform duties at any college location within the College’s three-county service area. Some in-state or out-of-state travel related to specific training could be required. Incumbent works 28 hours per week, M-Th 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embraces the institutional values of Central Carolina Community College by actively cultivating a culture of care and advocacy in the department by responding to challenges with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
- Is the primary receptionist for the barbering program at the Dunn Center, answering incoming calls, emails, and in person questions from students, community partners, visitors, staff, and faculty.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to faculty and staff.
- Assists with coordinating and maintaining systems developed for three-county communications, semester schedules, contracts, book orders, and daily administrative paperwork.
- Maintains front office supplies through inventory and ordering as needed.
- Prepares office related forms, makes copies, sends copy requests to the copy center.
- Generates correspondence, memos, presentations, and meeting materials for assigned programs.
- Prepares requisitions for class, clinic, lab, and office supplies based on instructor order requests/and send them in for processing, and enters requisition items into eProcurement.
- Accepts carrier shipments, distributes mail and shipments, and sends out mailed materials; receives orders, inventories the items, and sends the packing slips/invoices to accounts payable.
- Maintains money bag and petty cash for the barbering program, to include traveling to local bank to obtain change for clinical operations.
- Balances daily clinic receipts, compile copies of receipts for the department file and submit originals to the business office with cash.
- Troubleshoots equipment and computer problems; schedules equipment maintenance as requested, resolves computer link malfunctions to main printer through communication with IT, filling out help desk requests, and communicating with the instructor having the problem to resolve the issue.
- Arranges departmental meetings as requested and takes minutes during meetings when needed.
- Assists faculty with scheduling and coordinating interviews, advisory committee meetings, and graduation ceremonies.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.