Central Carolina Community College
1105 Kelly Drive
Sanford, NC 27330
Lillington, NC Harnett Correctional Institute
$50,108.00 - $63,708.00 Annually
- Instructional (Faculty)
Opens: Monday, November 19, 2018
Closes: Friday, December 7, 2018
Closes: Friday, December 7, 2018
Target Start Date
Monday, January 7, 2019
Expected Work Hours
Full-time 12 month contract
- Diploma in Barbering from a program approved by the NC Board of Barber Examiners (or from am approved program in another state recognized by the Barbering authority in that state at the time of licensure).
- Minimum five years practice as a Registered Barber.
- Current (unexpired) Registered Barber License issued by NC Board of Barber Examiners;
- Current (unexpired) NC Barber Instructor Certificate issued by NC Board of Barber Examiners.
- Ability to safely and effectively administer instruction and assessment of barbering skills in a correctional facility under the supervision of the NC Department of Public Safety.
- Must submit to a background check and additional training administered by the NC Department of Public Safety.
- Teach 18-28 contact hours per week.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator and the Barbering Program Director in the continuous evaluation and revision of course objectives, course outlines, course competencies, course descriptions, teaching strategies, in the specific curriculum to ascertain that they are appropriate and relevant.
- Prepare and administer proficiency examinations as directed by HCI Academic Coordinator and the Barbering Program Director.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator and the Barbering Program Director in planning and implementing an effective student advisory system for the specific curriculum.
- Keep the HCI Academic Coordinator and the Barbering Program Director informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Notify the HCI Academic Coordinator when planning to be off campus during regular working hours. If the HCI Academic Coordinator is not available, notify the Harnett Provost.
- Be the primary advocate and assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in orienting, registering, and retaining students for the specific curriculum.10. Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in selecting and ordering textbooks as needed and in preparing the textbook orders to submit to the bookstore manager.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in preparing and submitting to the provost an annual Compliance Assist Assessment for the curriculum.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in selecting and ordering equipment and supplies and in maintaining an annual inventory of CE program equipment.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in developing class schedules.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in identifying, selecting, orienting, employing, and scheduling full and part-time faculty.
- Assist the HCI Academic Coordinator in working with and maintaining an active HCI Barbering Oversight Committee that meets quarterly.
- Cooperate with HCI Academic Coordinator and Learning Resources staff to assure the availability of up-to-date library books and support materials relevant to the specific curriculum.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Work the required 35 hours per week in addition to post and hold the required five (5) office hours per week.
- Complete the five-hour annual staff development requirement.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Be responsible and perform other such duties as may be assigned.