Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in business or a related industry.
- In lieu of a degree, 3-5 years' experience in either business ownership or operations and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for this position will be accepted.
- Formal/informal experience or knowledge on how small businesses operate.
- Knowledge of local businesses and resources in Nash and Edgecombe County preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, perform under pressure, and flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents.
- Valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of sound, practical business practices.
- Knowledge required in ways to facilitate the linkage of people with other peoples, organizations and sources of information.
- Skill in dealing with business owners and their staff.
- Skills in assessing business training needs, whether the assessment methods be formal or informal.
Skills in relating to the business owner and adult learner.
- Skills required in being supportive to others and being positive.
- Ability to communicate, analyze business situations and needs.
Works closely with the SBC Director and providing small business owners with confidential, one-on-one counseling
through the Small Business Wellness Clinic (SBWC) initiative with the Small Business Center at Nash Community
Position Funded: 6/22/2020 - 12/8/2020 (Up to 20 hours per week)
- Provides business counseling at the SBC, virtually or at the site of the business.
- Help small business owners locate and understand resources available to them due to COVID-19
- Document assistance provided to ensure accurate client management and reporting.
- Meet with and counsel clients on various aspects of their business.
- Facilitate the linkage of resources or sources of information with those for whom he/she provides counseling and coaching.
- Assist with development of long term strategic and recovery goals.
- Assist client with understanding of finances to ensure stability and growth through identifying grant and financing opportunities from a variety of sources.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all client information obtained.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform virtual meetings using Google Meet.
- Communicate and empathize with the business owners in a patient and sincere way.
- Represent NCC and the SBC in a positive way to area businesses.
- Help to promote the SBWC and Small Business Center to Hispanic/Latino small businesses.
- Encourage businesses to utilize the various programs offered by the SBC.
- Maintain close customer contact to ensure the completion of all SBWC appointments.
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work some evenings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.