133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skill in managing executive calendars.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Certified Cosmetologist with valid NC Cosmetology Instructor's
License. Good human relations skills. Good communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish and English). Work Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. Some week days may be necessary.
Preferred: Associate Degree in Cosmetology. Bilingual; Career Readiness
Required: Three years directly related work experience.
Preferred: Considerable directly related work experience. Some teaching
experience. Understanding of and commitment to the Community College
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need assistance or accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: $42,036.00 annually
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY: Depends on education and experience
Plan, prepare for, and teach assigned courses; evaluate student progress and maintain necessary records and submit institutional reports in a timely manner; assist in departmental and institutional planning; serve on college committees; perform other job-related duties. The work is performed under the supervision of the Cosmetology Director/Program Chair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Meets and holds classes as scheduled;
- Provides assistance to students;
- Refers students to other college staff when necessary;
- Prepares, implements and evaluates student learning outcome-based course outlines based upon program outcomes;
- Keeps current on subject matter and teaching methodologies;
- Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
- Completes and submits institutional reports on a timely basis;
- Provides input and participates in College's Planning Process;
- Maintains required office hours each week;
- Recruits students and implements retention strategies;
- Participates/assists with coordination of specific program/course management;
- Implements the College's Academic Advising System;
- Serves as Advisor to selected student organizations and/or associations;
- Serves as liaison between college, student, public, community and business/industry in area of professional expertise;
- Continuously analyzes and evaluates instructional results to improve instruction and evaluation of student progress;
- Provides students and college with written course expectations as defined by the college including general course information, course objectives, methods used in evaluation of students, grading policy, attendance policy, textbooks, etc.;
- Provides supervisor with copy of all course SLOs and SLO assessments;
- Provides supervisor with copy of all current course syllabi;
- Assists with connecting program learning outcomes to institutional competencies;
- Conducts on-going self-evaluations to improve instructional techniques and methodologies;
- Provides assistance in implementing the College's Program Review process and recommendations
- Promotes a positive image of college;
- Engages in a program of professional development and community service;
- Ensures compliance with State Board of Cosmetic Arts;
- Assists students with career opportunities;
- Inventories equipment on an annual basis;
- Assists with equipment and software maintenance;
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by supervisor.