200 W. Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Monday, December 12, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
18 graduate course hours towards a Master’s of Business Administration or attainment of a Master’s degree in related Public Administration or Science field. Minimum 5 years of Community College administration, teaching, or experience at NC Community College System office.
~INTERNAL POSTING TO SYSTEM OFFICE EMPLOYEES ONLY~
~GRANT FUNDED/TIME-LIMITED FULL-TIME 3-YEAR POSITION~
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE STATE HUMAN RESOURCES ACT (EPA) per GS 115D-3~
The North Carolina Community College System (System Office) is a statewide network of 58 public community colleges. The system enrolls over 500,000 students annually. It is the 3rd largest in the nation based on the number of colleges. It also provides data to the North Carolina Learning Object Repository by collecting, contributing, and sharing digital learning resources for use in traditional or distance learning environments. The mission of the North Carolina Community College System is to open the door to high-quality, accessible educational opportunities that minimize barriers to post-secondary education, maximize student success, develop a global, multicultural, and competent workforce, and improve the lives and wellbeing of N.C. citizens. To learn more about the NC Community College System Office and the Great 58 visit our website About Us | NC Community Colleges
NC Community Colleges System Office has an opening for a BioBetter Grant Director in the Economic Development Division. The recruitment salary: $90,000.
The Economic Development team provides education, training, and support services for new, expanding, and existing business and industry in all 100 North Carolina counties through our network of 58 community colleges. The mission of ApprenticeshipNC is to ensure North Carolina has an innovative, relevant, effective, and efficient workforce development system that develops adaptable, work ready, skilled talent to meet the current and future needs of workers and businesses to achieve and sustain economic prosperity.
Categories of Apprenticeships: There are many types of apprenticeships programs of various duration, level of required technical education, and level of employer investment. Depending on their design, these programs may be more attractive to specific demographics, including an employer’s existing workforce, veterans, high school, or college students.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: The primary function of this new position is to administer and manage the BioBetter grant awarded to Customized Training and BioNetwork of the NC Community College System, while also engaging and assisting individual community colleges involved in grants managed by the position. The position is required for grant reporting, budget administration and monitoring, partnership building among colleges and external partners. The position is critical for conveying important information about grants and partnerships to community colleges. The Grant Director is needed to help to manage information regarding grant activities, reaching key audiences such as students, parents, university partners, workforce advocates, political leaders, the business community, and the general public. The position will collaborate with external grant partners and work with the system office and Economic Development team to identify new funding opportunities, and work with grant writers or other team members involved in pursuing grants. This position also will administer and manage grants awarded to the Economic Development Division of the NC Community College System. The position will lead or assist AVP of Customized Training and BioNetwork in establishing sector partnerships and assisting the Economic Development team in achieving successful completion of strategic plan objectives assigned to the division. The position will report to the Associate Vice President of Customized Training and BioNetwork of the NC Community College System Office.
- Project management experience or knowledge;
- Knowledge of NC community college curriculum and non-degree programs, and procedures to develop new programs or courses;
- Facilitation and coordination of large industry focused meetings and events;
- Skilled at engaging leaders and stakeholders to build collaboratives or partnerships;
- Understanding grant reporting, budget administration and monitoring, partnership building among colleges and external partners;
- Information management and communication regarding grant activities, reaching key audiences such as students, parents, university partners, workforce advocates, political leaders, the business community, and the general public;
- Collaborative skills to work with external grant partners and work with the system office and Economic Development team to identify new funding opportunities, and work with grant writers or other team members involved in pursuing grants;
- Knowledge and experience with sector partnerships and assisting the Economic Development team in achieving successful completion of strategic plan objectives assigned to the division;
- Knowledge and experience with marketing education or training programs;
- Knowledge of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity connections and Career and Technical Education;
- Working with excluded or underserved populations.
PREFERENCES: Trained or knowledge of Sector Partnership Model; Experience working on or writing grants.
How to Apply
STATE EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: We value our employees and offer a wide variety of competitive and family-friendly benefits. The state of North Carolina offers excellent comprehensive benefits. Employees can participate in health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, and the NCFlex program (numerous high-quality, low-cost benefits on a pre-tax basis). Employees also receive paid vacation, sick, and community service leave. In addition, paid parental leave, and personal observance is available to eligible employees. Some highlights include:
- The best-funded pension plan/retirement system in the nation according to Moody’s Investor’s Service
- Twelve (12) holidays/year
- Fourteen (14) vacation days/year which increase as the length of service increases and accumulate year-to-year
- Twelve (12) sick days/year which is cumulative indefinitely
- Longevity pays lump sum payout yearly (based on length of service beginning 10 years and up)
- 401K, 457, and 403(b) plans
Learn more about employee perks/benefits:
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the State Human Resources Act with the most qualified applicants. When a salary range or recruitment range is posted, the actual salary will be based on relevant competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position. All post-high school degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, RECRUITMENT ADMINISTRATOR
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222