Main Campus or Online
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s Degree or higher in Biology with at least 18 graduate hours in Biology. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. Successful teaching experience.
Job Description Summary
The Biology Instructor will teach General BIO or A&P courses. This individual will be responsible for teaching assignments, maintaining records, and constructing/administering/grading examinations.
Depending on department needs each semester, the position will be online or in-person (day or evening classes).
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as designated by the department Chairperson and approved by the Dean.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required College records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Make recommendations to Department Chair for supplies, equipment, and equipment repairs.
• Construct, administer, and grade examinations.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear
• The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit
• The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, disinfecting chemicals, burns from hot surfaces such as internal batteries, and other environmental factors that are commonly found in the computer support environments
• Encounters low to moderate exposure to toxic or caustic/hazardous materials
• Encounters low to moderate noise levels in the work environment
• Encounters risk of exposure to communicable diseases, blood exposure, or possible contact with blood and body fluids due to classroom and lab environment