- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Master’s degree (or higher) in Biology or a closely-related field is required. If the Master’s degree is in a closely-related field, the applicant must have at least 18 graduate hours in Biology.
Experience teaching college-level
Biology is strongly preferred.
Experience with using instructional technology is required.
Experience teaching in both high school and college environments is a plus.
Diversity of experience in teaching courses within the Biology discipline curricula (General Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Nutrition)
- Classroom instructional techniques and procedures.
- Principles and procedures of academic and instructional program development and administration in the area of assignment.
- Current trends, research, and development in the area of assignment.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and techniques involved in curriculum and course development.
- Principles and techniques involved in test development.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations, as appropriate.
- Participate in instructional programs suited to the community.
- Prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Create effective instruction for delivery in both online and physical classrooms while maintaining compliance with ADA standards.
- Interpret and apply college goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Work effectively in diverse teams, both within assigned department and cross-functionally across the college.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Other personal traits:
Must be a good team member and be willing to update skills as needed. Must be able to work effectively with diverse student populations. Educational philosophy must be compatible with the role of the community college and with best practices in Biology education.
See minimum qualifications.
College Biology instructor with teaching duties in General Education College Transfer courses. Responsibilities also include active participation in departmental work on curriculum design, assessment, and andragogy/pedagogy. This is a 9-month teaching position. Teaching assignments may be for a day, evening, and/or weekend classes. Classes may be assigned at on-campus and/or off-campus teaching sites in addition to online environments. Teaching at high school locations may be required of this position.
This is a 9-month teaching position. Position open until filled.
Applicant review is to begin on March 30th, 2023.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Catawba Valley Community College
2550 Highway 70 SE
Hickory, NC 28602-8302
Phone: (828) 327-7000 Ext. 4277
Fax: (828) 624-5246