54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Open until filled. Official posting is on the MTCC HR website.
Education must be commensurate with academic area and within the guidelines of the North Carolina Community College System and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Minimum Requirements: Must hold a Master’s Degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in one or a combination of the following disciplines: Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry, Histology, Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology, Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, or Physiology. See CHECKLIST OF MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTRUCTORS OF ANATOMY AND/OR PHYSIOLOGY
Teaching experience in a community college or university setting, experience teaching dual enrolled students and adults, experience teaching in a variety of modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, online, etc.). Credentialed in Chemistry a plus.
Under the supervision of the Dean of Curriculum Programs and the Chief Academic Office (CAO) in accordance with the overall plan of the College, the curriculum faculty help provide effective learning conditions for all students through the design, planning, organization, execution, and evaluation of student performance in assigned areas, curriculum courses, classes or programs.
- Instruct scheduled courses (in area of specialty of training) in accordance with the Program of Study and the description published in the MTCC Catalog and the North Carolina Community College System Combined Course Library.
- Serve as advisor for students within the assigned curriculum and counselor for students who are having attendance or academic problems.
- Recommend textbooks in a timely manner and make selections on a cooperative basis with respective Department Chair in accordance with the College’s textbook procedures.
- Cooperate with members of the respective department and other personnel as appropriate in carrying out instructional responsibilities.
- Schedule and post office hours for consultations with students and adhere to the required thirty-hour on-campus work week for faculty.
- Assist the Student Services Department with registration duties and responsibilities related to respective curriculum area(s).
- Assist the Student Services Department with course-work tracking for graduation purposes and with graduate follow-up for assigned student advisees.
- Participate in advisory committee meetings for respective curriculum area(s).
- Participate in professional development activities related to respective discipline.
- Be actively involved in student recruitment activities.
- Participate in SGA activities (as schedule permits).
- Adhere to all polices as established by the MTCC Board of Trustees and the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance sheets, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Via snail mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax: