201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Development is required.
- Graduate degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 3-5 years working in career counseling and training in post-secondary education required.
- Excellent leadership skills, demonstrated initiative, and a proven record of accomplishments required in areas that include, but are not limited to Career Development, and industry training.
- Must be flexible, creative, and willing to travel to support BioNetwork’s statewide activities.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with biomanufacturing industry representatives, specifically Human Resources preferred.
- Experience providing Career Development opportunities within the NC Community College System preferred.
- Certification as facilitator in Myers-Briggs (MBIT) or DISC preferred.
- Position will be located at Lincolnton, NC or Raleigh, NC
- Travel required – 10 to15%.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applicaitons will begin 9/30/21
Reporting to the Senior Director of the BioNetwork Learning Solutions Center, this position focuses primarily on providing leadership and subject matter expertise needed for career development and training delivery in partnership with various NC Community Colleges. BioNetwork provides economic and workforce development solutions for the life science industry in North Carolina. This position will also serve as the career development liaison when interacting with colleges and companies. At various times throughout each semester, this position may require travel to support career development aspects of training programs such as BioWork, BioNetwork courses, and degree programs offered at community colleges. This position is part of the North Carolina Community College System BioNetwork initiative and has local, regional, and statewide responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leading or participating in career development and employability skills training for life science training courses.
- Ensure training programs are aligned with industry needs, skills, and knowledge required for the biomanufacturing industry, particularly various aspects of career development.
- Develop and provide training and education in soft skills as needed for program areas.
- Counsel and meet with biotechnology faculty and students to discuss resumes, interviews, cover letter, LinkedIn, as well as job search strategies and career opportunities.
- Maintains social media presence to promote student access to job and program updates.
- Coordinate BioNetwork career fairs and facilitate webinars to prepare and education candidates.
- Establish and maintain contracts with companies, colleges, and graduates on an annual basis to report job replacement data and promote additional training opportunities.
- Attends job fairs and information events to recruit life science companies and students.
- Provide leadership development and team building workshops for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in the coordination of career development class visits and facilitation.
- Ensure instructors are properly trained to deliver career development course material as it relates to the BioWork program.
- Proactively work to connect industry representatives to their local community college when the BioWork program is offered.
- Instruct face-to-face, online and hybrid classes on-site at a college or a company.
- Assists colleges, companies, and students with questions about Career Development and career growth opportunities available through NC Community Colleges.
- Coordinate career information sessions with companies and colleges
- Provide examples of best practices to college faculty related to training material available through BioNetwork, i.e. curriculum, lab activities, and materials needed to successfully deliver training.
- Works with college program coordinators and department directors to ensure career development training resources are properly utilized.
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested.
- Participates in professional organizations and associations.
- Maintains personal certifications and skill sets to stay current with industry trends.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact