Main Campus, Graham, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 2, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in communication with students to include recruiting and advising, as well as participation with colleagues, staff, administrators, and community partners as individuals or as a part of a team. Participation in college functions, committee assignments and other tasks as assigned by the department head is also required. Work hours may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
Position begins Fall 2023
Alamance Community College is ramping up a Center of Excellence around the exciting field of Biotechnology and is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Instructor who will be an
instrumental team player in teaching, growing enrollment, engaging students and providing
input and expertise in developing our Center of Excellence and curriculum.
Example of Duties
- Instructs a variety of courses in the Biotechnology and Biosciences department.
- Develops course material and provides training specifically to meet Biotech industry needs within Alamance County and region.
- Assists in the recruitment of students and addresses questions and inquiries about the Biotechnology curriculum.
- Advises students.
- Tutors Biotechnology program students as needed.
- Handles a variety of student issues including make-up tests, retests, attendance and tardy issues, etc.
- Prepares engaging lectures, lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Participates in content-specific professional development and stays abreast of advancements in the field of Biotechnology.
- Builds relationships with area industry, departments within the College and other stakeholders as needed to ensure the effectiveness and relevancy of the Biotechnology program.
- Actively promotes the Biotechnology program and the Center of Excellence.
- Assists in the writing and participation in educational/technology grants as requested.
- Maintains active engagement with current classroom delivery methods using online, hybrid and face-to-face formats.
- Teaches Career & College Promise classes on-campus and/or at high schools.
- Maintains professional development activity to ensure currency within the industry.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
For faculty positions, all relevant full- and part-time teaching experience, including start and end dates of employment, should be included on the application. Also, all relevant full- and part-time work experience related to the teaching discipline should be included on the application, including start and end dates.
For non-faculty positions, all relevant full- and part-time work experience related to the position should be included on the application, including start and end dates.