Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An associate degree or higher
- Two years experience in recruiting, hiring, training, human resources, or career coaching/counseling
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Industrial Technology, Biochemistry, Biology, or a closely related field
- Two years experience in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry or a related field
- Experience advising college students.
- Familiar with the BioWork certificate program
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with Google Docs/Drive and other cloud-based data-sharing platforms are a plus.
Alamance Community College (ACC) seeks a full-time Biotechnology Pathway Navigator to recruit and support students in ACC's biotechnology and biomanufacturing programs.
The position will provide career awareness outreach and recruitment, student support and career counseling, and job search awareness/assistance to students in Biotechnology pathways. This person will also be responsible for directing ACC's BioBetter participation and progress toward meeting the BioBetter goals.
Example of Duties
- Serve as Pathway Navigator for BioWork and Biotechnology/Biomanufacturing programs with a focus on employability skills and connections between students and employers to secure employment.
- Manage the operations of the BioBetter grant project, including grant expenses and reimbursement, equipment purchases, etc.
- Support a diverse group of students, including adult learners, women, and underrepresented minorities in STEM by connecting students to programs/systems aimed at reducing barriers to credential acquisition.
- Coordinate resume development/approvals, career fairs, students navigating the job search process, and interview preparation.
- Visit curriculum and/or continuing education programs to support a pathway to employment and transition to the next credential.
- Raise awareness of bio sector educational pathways and related local career opportunities, including community presentations and creating strong relationships with local school systems and programs for individuals seeking to enter/re-enter the workforce.
- Prepare for and meet class sessions as assigned, promptly evaluate student submissions
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Assist in student data collection for BioBetter reporting and ACC as a whole.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings, and other College activities.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with regional efforts to create a regional pool of bio-sector candidates entering the local workforce.
- Create connections between candidates and job openings, and ensure the best possible match between employer need and candidate skill level.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
How to Apply
For faculty positions, all relevant full- and part-time teaching experience, including start and end dates of employment, should be included on the application. Also, all relevant full- and part-time work experience related to the teaching discipline should be included on the application, including start and end dates.
For non-faculty positions, all relevant full- and part-time work experience related to the position should be included on the application, including start and end dates.
An ACC online application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Transcripts MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!