On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: BS Degree in Criminal Justice or Related Field with a Certificate in Basic Law Enforcement Training. Hold a General Instructor Certification through NC CJ Standards. and be eligible for BLET School Director Certification immediately.
Experience Minimum: Certification as a Law Enforcement Officer in accordance with the provisions of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission and NC Training and Standards Commission General Instructor Certification.
Preferred: MS in Criminal Justice or Related Field with a Certificate in Basic Law Enforcement Training. Hold a General Instructor Certification through NC CJ Standards. and be currently certified as a BLET School Director.
Preferred: Certification as a Law Enforcement Officer in accordance with the provisions of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission and 3 years as a Certified NC Training and Standards Commission General Instructor. Five (5) years of full-time sworn Law Enforcement experience, experience as agency training coordinator, or BLET school director, or Qualified Assistant.
Under direction, the purpose of this position is to coordinate the daily administrative activities of the BLET program and provide course instruction. This position is responsible for managing adjunct faculty; preparing class schedules; counseling and advising students; preparing reports and teaching classes. Performs work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruits, advises, coaches and mentors for student retention.
- Serves as liaison for the college with the local and regional Criminal Justice Community, Systems Office, and NC Criminal Justice and Sheriff's Training and Standards Division.
- Assesses the issues, concerns, and needs of the Criminal Justice Community through surveys, meeting and personal contact to develop courses of instruction.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates the BLET program.
- Schedules classes, ensuring equipment needs are meet.
- Recruits and evaluates adjunct instructors.
- Supports the total mission of the college through attendance of various college functions.
- Serves on various college and professional committees.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Meets core curriculum model adopted by Community College system and complies with SACS and/or accreditation criteria.
- Maintains a variety of records and reports including up to date test files and curricular plans.
- Reads and researches curriculum-related materials; reviews current books and publications.
- Serves as instructor for blocks of instruction.
- Planning and coordinating public speaking/presentations to include BLET graduation.
- Adheres to the responsibilities outlined in 12 NCAC 09B 0202 "Responsibilities of the School Director" in the NC State Code.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as policy manuals, Employee Handbook, SACS Criteria Manual, program guidelines from DCC, course syllabi and course textbooks.
Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as ability to calculate decimals and percentages.
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of the programs.
Competency of Microsoft Products as used in overall management in an educational environment is required. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Blackboard, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certificates/license in related field
Requires the ability to function in a supervisory/managerial capacity for a group of workers.
Includes the ability to make decisions on procedural and technical levels. Establish, maintain, and foster
positive and harmonious working relationships.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization
Requires the ability to use, operate, and/or handle office equipment, such as a computer and printer,
facsimile machine, copier, calculator and communications equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Frequent exposure to environmental conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact