Morehead City, NC
Closes: Monday, February 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalency diploma, and valid NC Driver’s License. Some post-secondary level education preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Two years of experience with boat maintenance or repair. Must be able to backup trailers; knowledge of boat and motors operations, handling, maintenance, loading and unloading of boats and trailers, and safety; need the ability to prioritize work based on customer needs; must have demonstrated ability to interact positively with a wide range of individuals; must have the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality in matters related to donors and other sensitive information.
Physical Demands: The Technician must have the ability to lift at least 40 pounds unassisted and to climb ladders. The Technician must have the ability to safely operate a forklift, truck, golf cart, power washer, air pump, car jack, and an assortment of power and hand tools.
Licensing Requirement: Valid driver's license. Preferred: Forklift Certification
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a permanent, part-time Boat Program Technician to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Donation Resale Program of the College Foundation. This is a PART-TIME position, up to 24 hours per week. The hourly pay rate $15. The applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
Limited benefits include 12 paid holidays per year paid at pro-rata 4.8 hours, eligibility to enroll in the State Health Plan at full cost (no employer contribution); eligibility to enroll in optional group insurance plans such as vision, dental, life at full cost. This position is not eligible for paid sick leave or paid vacation leave, nor participation in the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System (TSERS) pension.
Apply online at www.carteret.edu/jobs
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- The Technician is responsible to clean boats, move boats, and complete the necessary orderly maintenance and safety of the boat yard as directed by the supervisor.
- The Technician will assist customers, and complete and review the donation/sale check list form as required.
- The Technician will assist with the processing of donations and sales for the Donation Resale Program.
- The Technician will assist with handling incoming telephone calls, email inquiries, and other correspondence concerning the boat donation resale program.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position entails outside work in all weather conditions. The position occasionally involves paperwork and non-sedentary activity, including occasional daytime travel within the service area. Requires occasional work in the evening or on weekends.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. A job offer is conditional subject to a satisfactory criminal background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557