Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum: Industry certifications in Boat Building or Boat Manufacture & Service AND 5 years industry experience.
Preferred: Associate degree in Boat Building or Boat Manufacture & Service or related field. Industry certifications in Boat Building or Boat Manufacture & Service AND 10 years of industry experience in areas such as wooden boat building, composite production, and marine service.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility;
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Mathematical Skills – the applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Computer Skills – the applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft Office knowledge is a plus as this position will require the use of this software
See Minimum Qualifications
Carteret Community College (Morehead City, NC) is accepting applications for a full-time Boat Manufacturing & Marine Technologies Lead Instructor. Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first application review will take place on Monday, May 17, 2021. The anticipated start date is no later than July 1, 2021.
This position is a full-time, benefit eligible faculty position which includes paid sick leave, paid holidays, and qualifies for membership in the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System (TSERS).
A lead instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the program chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day operation of courses.
- Assist in the development of new instructional materials for courses.
- Maintain common and master syllabi as well as collect and record outcome data.
- Promote innovative instruction and an environment conducive to learning and maintaining high standards.
- Revise and update curriculum; assist in the development of new class offerings and course outcomes.
- Monitor methods of assessment in courses.
- Administer academic policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to curriculum area coordinator for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Manage budgets and equipment/supplies
- Collaborate with Dean and faculty to project and procure future funding needs.
- Monitor expenditures and provide periodic reports to Dean, faculty, and senior administration.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Place repair and supply orders.
Program Review and Planning:
- Participate in data gathering, interpretation, and evaluation activities
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chairperson and then the division dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
High School Partnerships
- Will establish partnerships and linkages with public high schools and Adult High School and teach courses as designated
Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds. Must be able to load engines in appropriate test tanks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Equipment Operation: Must be able to drive the facilities pickup trucks and vans. Must be certified and able to drive the facilities fork lifts.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel both within service area and outside service area for education and program advancement. Must have a valid NC driver’s license. Must be able to work around and use petroleum products.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557