Rocky Mount Campus
Closes: Friday, March 5, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma with at least three years of work experience using an electronic cash register and providing customer service.
Associate degree in Applied Science Degree in a business related field; 5+ years work experience using an electronic cash register and providing customer service.
Perform everyday bookstore operations on the Rocky Mount campus; maintain internal controls over this site’s cash and inventories; and provide quality and courteous service to students and employees. Grant funded temporary position through December 31, 2021.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Perform duties as cashier which include handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions with the customers.
• Responsible for counting cash drawers at the beginning & ending of day to ensure accurate balancing.
• Prepare daily cash analysis form along with deposit to be sent to the Bookstore Manager for approval on the Tarboro Campus.
• Assist manager with book returns at the end of the semester.
• Receive, inventory, shelve and sell textbooks and bookstore items.
• Maintain a clean & orderly store.
• Assist faculty and staff with departmental purchases from the Bookstore.
• Assist manager with annual bookstore inventory for the Rocky Mount Campus Bookstore.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.