Vance- Granville Community College, Main Campus, Henderson, NC
Closes: Friday, October 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing or related field, and 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible retail management or retail accounting operations experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on public relations and customer service.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
• Previous supervisory or managerial experience in a related point-of-sale system and inventory control environment.
• Previous experience with using BookLog POS or Follett software programs.
• Supervises and directs the staffing and operational activities of the College Bookstore at all campuses in the service area, including sales, purchasing, pricing, receiving and distribution, inventory control, point-of-sale systems, financial management, and public relations activities.
• Coordinates the processing of textbook orders, including receiving orders from faculty, determining ratio of new to used books to purchase and quantity based on inventory levels, placing orders from wholesalers, and directing requisitions and other documentation to be issued.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers, including cancelling textbook orders upon request, receiving and verifying ordered merchandise, verifying and submitting invoices for payment to the Business Office, and working with vendors to return items when necessary.
• Coordinates and facilitates the online ordering, buy back, and used book programs, including the implementation and maintenance of program processes and systems.
• Facilitates the daily closing sales activities, including the preparation of daily cash analysis for bookstore sales and accounts, posting of accounts receivable, PELL grant charges, and other third party charges to individual accounts, and the completion of daily sales reports.
• Coordinates and facilitates a physical inventory of all items each semester.
• Serves as a backup in performing the duties of the Bookstore Assistant, including customer service and cash register operation.
• Assists the Vice President of Finance and Operations in creating, implementing, and maintaining College Bookstore operational budgets, including compliance with budgetary constraints and the forecasting and planning of needed improvements.
• Develops and implements strategies to support the goals of the College.
• Maintains current knowledge in the field of campus bookstore sales and management, and assists the Vice President of Finance and Operations in establishing, implementing, and updating College Bookstore related policies and procedures.
• Trains and evaluates assigned College Bookstore staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including projects, special events and committee work.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance Granville Community College
PO Box 917
Henderson, NC 27536