Closes: Friday, April 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Two-year Associate’s degree required.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Computer and office skills required.
4. Ability to train and operate Café equipment.
5. Business math and/or accounting skills required.
6. Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships.
7. Excellent customer service in a variety of work situations required.
8. Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential material.
1. Two years of work experience in retail or food service.
Essential Responsibilities/ Duties
1. Duties assigned by the Bookstore Manager which are necessary for the function of all phases of Bookstore and Café operation.
2. Sales Operations for the Bookstore and Café during hours of operation including answering questions, handling payments (cash and/or credit card), or online orders for the bookstore.
3. Prepare daily cash analysis for Bookstore and Café sales and accounts receivable transactions.
4. Reconcile receipts from the Business Office with charge forms and daily deposit forms in Bookstore.
5. Provide ordering information for special activities of the College (annual giving, speakers forum, specific program items).
6. Receive ordered merchandise and verify completeness of order. Follow up on lost, damaged or incorrect shipments. Price merchandise and stock shelves.
7. Meet with sales representatives to order merchandise and supplies.
8. Create ads, flyers, and notices for College publication.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Bookstore Manager.
10. Prepare purchase orders, process invoices for payment and forward to the Business Office for payment.
11. File paperwork for documentation and audit purposes.
12. Track register change and stamp needs.
13. Assist in book buy-back program at end of each semester.
14. Participate in year-end fiscal inventory actual number counts of all merchandise.
15. Responsible for book returns and individual customer order book shipments.
16. Attend training sessions on inventory management, accounts receivable and POS system. Attends trade shows to network with vendors and peruse possible merchandise.
17. Perform light-duty housekeeping, i.e. dusting and vacuuming in bookstore.
18. Prepare coffee and tea during Café operating hours.
19. Prepare other food items as the café grows.
20. Purchase selected items for resale and track inventory on a regular basis.
21. Assist in maintaining a clean and organized café.
22. Perform medium-duty cleaning and stocking in Café. i.e. washing dishes, removing trash and debris.
23. Attends training sessions on inventory management, POS system, and other professional development around food service.
Major physical activity is required during restocking of books each semester and during registration. The functions of the job are usually performed standing (must be able to stand for long periods of time), stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching above head with hands and arms, pulling and pushing with hands and arms. Also may be required to lift and move up to 75 lbs, and climb a ladder. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard may involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
Must be able and willing to work flexible hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.