- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree in Broadcasting or a related field with significant related experience.
- Two year's recent radio broadcasting experience.
- Professional experience using social media in a broadcast setting.
- Professional experience with podcasts or other streaming audio.
- College and/or high school teaching experience.
- Experience using Blackboard.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Broadcasting or a related field.
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan lists "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
The Media Technologies Instructor (9 month contract) position will be based on the Harnett Main campus in Lillington and may include course sections in Lee, Chatham or some online duties.
The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, lab, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- Teach 18-21 Contact hours per semester
- Serve as chief operator for WUAW 88.3FM
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Serve as student advisor as assigned.
- Recruit for department/curriculum as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the annual Compliance Assist Assessment.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Obtain Blackboard Level II training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Work the required 35 hours per week and post and hold the required five (5) office hours per week.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Plan and participate in articulation activities with public schools and other community agencies.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies. Actively participate in professional organizations. Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.