- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 12, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Business Administration or a master's degree and 18 graduate credit hours in Business
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Online teaching experience including knowledge of Moodle.
- Experience teaching or working in Human Resources Management.
- Qualified through education and work experience to teach a variety of courses in the Business Department.
Type: Full-time 9-month contract
Target Start Date: August 16, 2021
Provide effective instruction to students by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance lessons, and using effective evaluation methods to evaluate student performance in courses.
Support student learning outside of the classroom by holding regular office hours, providing information about additional college resources, and responding to emails and phone calls in a timely manner to promote student success.
Support curriculum development by participating in the creation and evaluation of courses, curriculum, and programs, participating in program advisory committees, attending departmental meetings, and serving as backup for other faculty members.
Promote the success of the college by participating in standing committees and following college professional and ethical guidelines.
Stay current in chosen field and teaching methodology by meeting or exceeding all institutional professional development guidelines, participating in professional development workshops and seminars.
Maintain accurate records such as attendance, grades, information for accreditation, and other important data and submit reports according to college policies.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Teach a variety of business courses and maintain proper record keeping.
- Available to teach online, face-to-face, and hybrid instruction at ACC primary location and off site locations, such as area high schools.
- Create and carry out lesson plans to ensure industry relevant content in courses.
- Assess student learning outcomes.
- Recruit and advise students.
- Assess enrollment trends, feedback from evaluations and observations to continually improve class lectures, content and student success.
- Develop course syllabi and classroom content evaluation tools.
- Assist with student advising, planning, and recruiting at events both on and off campus.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting, required letter of interest, and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Applicants called for an interview will be requested to present a fifteen-minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.
The position reports to the Department Head of Accounting and Business Administration and will work in conjunction with the curriculum program.
Based upon assigned class schedules which may include; days, evenings, weekends and break periods as required.