Mayland Community College, Main Campus, Spruce Pine, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, November 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Business Administration, or a related field from a regionally accredited university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hour credits in business-related courses
- General computer proficiency and the ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Additional 18 graduate hours in economics
Position Description for Faculty Duties:
As a faculty member, this position will develop course materials, teach courses and provide educational advising and support to students. To facilitate learning, faculty must maintain and update skills by taking advantage of continuing education. Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare, and teach business administration courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with 4-year educational partners when appropriate to ensure transferability of courses. Faculty will be actively involved in aspects of program marketing and recruitment.
Instructors must be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students. This position may be required to teach evening, blended, and/or online courses, as well as traditional daytime courses. This position may be asked to teach at multiple campuses and learning centers within Avery, Mitchell, and Yancey counties.
Position Description for Program Coordinator Duties:
As a Program Coordinator, this position will maintain updated curriculum that meets all state requirements, and maintain contacts with business, industry, and professional organizations for the purpose of keeping instructional programs current with occupational or academic field. This individual will prepare and submit a recommended budget for the program including any required travel, materials/ supplies, equipment, and adjunct instruction; order all equipment and supplies for the program; and oversee and certify an annual equipment inventory. As a Program Coordinator, this person will develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing program evaluation process. This person will be responsible for all aspects of hiring adjunct faculty and for supervising and training those hires. Other faculty and program coordinator duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Teaches assigned class loads according to MCC Faculty Workload Policy. Submits loadsheet showing instructional load and office hours to Division Dean each semester
- Provides classroom and course management in a manner that is consistent with appropriate professional conduct
- Serves as a faculty advisor and keeps regular office hours in accordance with the procedures designated by the Vice President of Instruction and Student Development and set forth in the Faculty Handbook and College Policy Manual
- Assists students outside of scheduled class times as needed
- Utilizes methods of instruction and teaching techniques that are appropriate to the fulfillment of course goals and objectives
- Furnishes all data and reports according to deadlines set by the Instructional Services Division using appropriate forms and formats
- Develops and maintains syllabi following the syllabus template for courses within the academic field(s) of responsibility, submits an electronic copy to the Division Dean and provides the students a copy the first week of class
- Maintains accurate class rosters (census reports and final attendance reports) and submits same in the manner and at times required by the Division Dean and Registrar
- Submits final grades each semester as specified on Academic Calendar
- Submit Early Alerts and Administrative Withdrawals as outlined in MCC procedures.
- Attends faculty and unit meetings and workshops as scheduled
- Actively participates in the faculty evaluation process
- Notifies Division Dean of any absences or alterations in the class schedule in advance and in writing, if possible. Complete Leave forms according to MCC Policy.
- Carries out special assignments at the request of the Division Dean
- Reviews and recommends textbooks, reference materials, software, audio visual aids, and learning resources for classroom use
- Participates in comprehensive and annual program reviews.
- Recommends curriculum revisions and modifications to supervisor
- Assists in determining budget needs for program and recommends purchases of equipment and supplies when appropriate; orders supplies when appropriate
- Mentors adjunct faculty as assigned by the supervisor
- Assists the Division Dean in developing semester course schedules
- Participates in graduation, priority registration and final registration, and is available for student orientations as requested
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through reading professional publications and attending workshops and conferences as appropriate
- Participates in student recruitment activities
- Has knowledge of requirements of working with students with disabilities and coordinating services, as required by appropriate college staff and community agencies
How to Apply
- If you have previously applied at MCC or another facility utilizing governmentjobs.com, login using your previously established userid and password
- If this is your first time applying, you will need to register a new account as instructed
Documentation you will need scanned into your application :
- A copy of your transcript(s): If you are chosen for this position, official transcripts should be submitted to the HR Office from the accredited school(s) within 30 days
- Current resume or CV
*The search will remain open until this position is filled; however, to be considered for the initial screening candidates should submit application materials by October 19, 2020.
Job Post Contact
Mayland Community College