Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution with five years of experience in business continuity or emergency management or a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 3-5 years of experience in Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Contingency Planning, or Crisis Management.
* Experience working in an educational environment.
* Experience in business continuity planning, disaster recovery, emergency management, and/or research work.
* Knowledge of emergency management, disaster recovery, information technology, business continuity plans, business interruption and business operations best practices, principles and strategies.
* Applied knowledge of operational processes and industry best practices of risk and assessment.
* Training beyond Bachelor's Degree, a certification in Project Management (PMP), Emergency Management from FEMA or similar agency/authority, Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or other related industry certification.
* Work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions; work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
* Prone to interruptions and possibly irregular hours.
* Subject to respond to varying and unpredictable situations.
* Accountable to respond to emergency situations.
Business Continuity and Emergency Management are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Business Continuity and Emergency management plans for the College which includes the establishment and implementation of emergency preparedness, response and disaster recovery process and procedures.
The Business Continuity and Emergency Management Professional supports the College’s business continuity, emergency management and preparedness functions, including special projects, risk assessments, planning, training and exercise development and delivery. The Business Continuity and Emergency Management Professional , on occasion, may also provide support to the Risk, Safety, and Security department, including Security, Enterprise Risk Management, and Environmental Health and Safety.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with Business Continuity and Emergency Management programs in development, implementation and maintenance preparedness programs.
2. Assists in developing instructional materials for the students, staff and faculty at the College who provides information on continuity planning and emergency planning and their implementation process.
3. Supports the facilitation of quarterly training with the volunteers serving as Building Captains to ensure their ability to assist in the event of an emergency.
4. Assists with development of programs and procedures regarding business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency protocol for all areas of the college and educates staff, students and faculty on Business Continuity and Emergency Management.
5. Maintain awareness and updated training programs on emergency preparedness and protocols for all areas of the college and educate staff, students and faculty. Collaborate with College Security Services in bringing awareness to all stakeholders annually.
6. Assists with inspections of facilities and equipment, including the AED Program, Building Captain Program, and other equipment as assigned.
7. Conduct assessments, reviews, and self-inspections. Analyze and interpret results, recommend appropriate corrective actions, communicate results, and follow up on issues or concerns until completion.
8. Attend professional meetings and participate in training or other educational offerings to update professional knowledge regarding new developments and technologies related to emergency management, disaster recovery and business continuity.
May assist with preparation of applications to be submitted to the local, state, or federal agencies for planning assistance.
9. In collaboration with College Security Services and Community Relations, assist with effective and efficient procedures for emergency communication.
10. Maintain a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
11. Support the mission, vision, and values of the College and attend College events and meetings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Proven project management capabilities; demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills
* Ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external to the College)
* Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
* Ability to identify potential impacts of business risk and manage those risks effectively
* Ability plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously meeting established deadlines and overall project objectives
* Applied knowledge of operational processes and industry best practices of risk and assessment
* Knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and emergency preparedness protocol: experience in business continuity plans helpful
* Advanced oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact