200 . W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution in a discipline related to the area of assignment with three years of programmatic experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution in Business Administration, Social Science, Computer Science, Data Analytics/Business Intelligence, or another related filed. Three years of experience in business consultation, process improvement, data analytics, research, or assessment. Preference is given to applicants with experience working in higher education and experience using SAS, SPSS, Tableau, and/or other analytical and/or visualization software. Familiarity with project management principles and practices and/or agile product development is desired.
This position will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a new public-facing Business Analytics solution for the North Carolina Community College System. This position will work collaboratively with business owners, IT developers, and college stakeholders to gather and analyze business objectives, technical data requirements, and associated data flows that will be leveraged by the new public-facing Business Analytics solution to help users generate immediate insights and explore and solve interesting and emerging business problems in areas related to curriculum, continuing education, adult education, career and technical education, financial aid, student services, and workforce training.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret business needs and to translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of higher education operations and policy issues including but not limited to: curriculum programs, continuing education programs, adult literacy programs, dual enrollment programs, career and technical education, financial aid, student services, and work force training.
- Understanding of educational business processes and data needs.
- Understanding of general data architecture principles.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in gathering, cleaning, transforming, analyzing, and reporting educational data.
- Understanding of best practices in data visualization.
- Experience with producing interactive data visualizations.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to establish and achieve project goals.
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Intellectually curious, creative, innovative, resourceful, and detail-oriented.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, HR TECHNICIAN III
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222