Business Workforce Liaison (Bus., Tech., & Engineering and Public Safety & Tnsp.) Req. #4972
Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of work experience in sales, marketing, and/or training programs
Two full time Business Workforce Liaison positions are available. One will be located in the Business, Technology and Engineering Department and one in the Public Safety & Transportation Department. The job will be performed on multi-campuses.
Anticipated Hire Date: October 10, 2022
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hours per Week: 40
Serves as primary point-of-contact for prospective and existing business clients at both the organizational and individual employee levels to connect and build partnerships across the academic divisions and the
College. Within the one college model, builds collaboration across curriculum and corporate and continuing education programs and other college areas to develop and recommend solutions meeting the needs of businesses and industries in the community.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads client / industry prospecting initiatives to position the College as a talent pipeline and
development resource by providing input to target market strategies and implementing tactics to include market research, outreach, and marketing/sales.
2. Leads the identification, development, and implementation of comprehensive educational and student resource solutions to target organizations including goals, objectives, timelines and benchmarks.
3. Manages account activity to include the development of proposals and contracts, account
management to include the development of proposals and contracts, account management to include Customized Training Project clients (client-facing), as well as activity tracking via CRM.
4. Collaborates with internal partners to establish relationships with external business partners and their key stakeholders; communicates their strategic objectives to the college. Attends and serves on committees and advisory boards where appropriate.
5. Develops a complete understanding of product and program area base with a working knowledge of the industries to include trends and appropriate products and resources. Remains up-to-date on competitive offerings.
6. May coordinate special events as directed by the dean that could include scheduling and attending informational tours for the labs/departments, preparation of presentations, capture of meeting minutes and other support where needed.
7. May service in a grant oversight role, where applicable, by creating short-term and long-term grant and activity plans including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, tracking, and allocating resources.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics•Negotiation and project management skills
* Computer proficiency in desktop applications with database experience
* Strong networking / relationship building skills
* Strong oral and written language skills
*Initiative and self-starter
* Demonstrates and embodies the Central Piedmont one college philosophy
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply to: https://www.cpcc.edu/about-central-piedmont/administrative-offices/human...
Central Piedmont is committed to equal employment opportunities.
Job Post Contact