Closes: Monday, October 30, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field. Or High School diploma with 2 years of purchasing or contract management experience.
Buyer position will be located on the Central Campus.
The Procurement Department is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for Central Piedmont Community College, while adhering to all State and College guidelines. This position will be responsible for the following to include, but not limited to, public competitive bidding and evaluation process, review and approval of NC E-Procurement requisitions, issuance of purchase orders, maintenance of procurement files, assist college departments with inquiries and issues, etc.
Responsible for interpreting, administering and explaining federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities for the College. Assist in writing specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services needed by the College. Interaction with
department personnel to process purchase orders through the state’s electronic procurement platform. Review College’s contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the state of North Carolina.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets, administers and explains federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities.
- Assists with writing specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services.
- Assists with the bidding and evaluation process according to federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines and will serve as the liaison between college personnel and bidders.
- Ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the state of North Carolina.
- Utilizes NC E-Procurement and Colleague to approve and process purchase orders with accuracy and according to all federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Documents and reports system issues within the E-Procurement and Colleague systems.
- Assists with the college’s vendor file maintenance.
- Assists College Departments on the Procurement procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assists with E-Procurement set up and maintenance.
- Maintains Procurement records and files as required.
- Ordering of departmental supplies through the NC Statewide Term Contract.
- Assists Senior Buyers with State reporting, work-order requests, Grant funded requests and other duties as deemed appropriate.
- Assists with Procurement’s monthly trainings offered to college departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of College rules, regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with the College chart of accounts
- Knowledge of federal and state procurement laws, regulations and guidelines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, administrators and vendors
- Knowledge of budgetary policies, procedures and accounting principles
- Ability to make sound judgments and provide sound guidance
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact