RCC Serivce Area
Closes: Monday, January 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school graduate or high school equivalency diploma required. . Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a food service kitchen required. Experience cooking on a flattop grill and using a deep fryer required. Occasional nights and weekends required. Excellent customer service skills.
Associates degree preferred. ServSafe certification preferred. Catering service experience preferred. ServSafe training and/or food production line training. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Experience with using computer applications such as Microsoft Office preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
General Description of the Position:
The Café - Restaurant Assistant Manager works under the supervision of the Café Manager to assist with the daily operational activities of the RichmondCC Café as well as certain catered events. The position requires someone who can work with limited direction and supervision and has knowledgeable skills and capabilities cooking and operating within a commercial kitchen environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Maintain Café to provide a safe, clean and sanitary working environment in compliance with health requirements.
- Perform all required Café duties to include cooking, cleaning, prep work, and working the counter when needed.
- Work with manager to maintain food and supplies and track day-to-day inventory as needed to meet projected menus.
- Inspect food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with current health standards.
- Minimize daily food waste by monitoring daily sales and activity.
- Ensures safe and correct use of all equipment.
- Prepare Daily Cash Analysis of sales and ensure deposit in the RichmondCC Business Office in the event manager is absent.
- Assist manager with planning and coordinating internal catering activities as needed.
- Attend trainings, workshops, or tradeshows related to the food service industry when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins January 25, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.